So what is Cassava?
Cassava is a nutty-flavored, starchy root vegetable. It is native to South America as well as many countries, Nigeria, Thailand, Indonesia and you guessed it, the Philippines. It’s a major source of calories and carbs for people in many countries. Cassava root is also used to make tapioca.
You can find the following nutrients in 3.5 ounces (100 grams) of cooked Cassava
This custard is also known as bibingka, this cassava custard has a thick, and tender layer of fresh root, condensed milk, evaporated milk, sugar, and coconut cream with an extra topping of silky custard.
This is a classic Filipino Dessert, which is also known as kamoteng kahoy and balinghoy in the Philippines. There are many many different cassava dessert recipes out there, but this Cassava Custard recipe is by far my favorite.
What is Cassava Custard
This is one of the most delightful aspects of every meal, this scrumptious dessert that ends that special dinner. This is the perfect blend of cheesy, buttery, and nutty, this custard melts in your mouth letting you fully enjoy the harmonious joining of flavors. It is a delightful and hearty way to finish up a fantastic meal. I also make sure to bring it to a potluck as well.
Cassava Custard CakeCourse: Uncategorized
1 kg. Cassava, Grated
3 cups. Coconut milk
3 cups. Evaporated milk
3 cups. Condensed milk
2 tsp. Vanilla flavor
2 cups. Coconut milk
1 cup. Condensed milk
3 pcs. Eggs, medium
- Clean, peel off, and grate cassava and grate cassava.
- Mix in coconut milk, evaporated milk, condensed milk, and vanilla flavor.
- Mix well. Transfer to baking pan and cook in the oven under 350˚ for 45 minutes.
- Cooking Custard toppings. In a small pan, mix in all the ingredients.
- Cook under low-heat fire until it thickens.
- Remove cassava cake in the oven and top it with the custard.
- Put it back in the oven and set the oven to broil for 5 minutes.
Perfect Desert for the Creamy Filipino Spaghetti
We have the Creamy Filipino Spaghetti recipe that was published just the other day, and I must say, our Custard recipe will be a fantastic dessert for this meal. Be sure to check out the Spaghetti Recipe while you are here…leave a comment and let me know what you think.