Amazing Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
I found this recipe a couple of years ago, and it’s become one of my favorite and it is so easy to make! I’ve never really been a big fan of squash, but this is so different. The flavor is so full, and it is so easy to make from scratch, and there is nothing better than homemade soup.
Squash soup health benefits…
1. Low Carbs and lots of nutrients. This soup is low in calories but packed with nutrients. One cup is loaded with vitamin A, vitamin C, Magnesium, and potassium.
2. Decrease risk of disease because of antioxidants. Butternut squash is filled with antioxidants, including vitamin C, vitamin E, and beta-carotene. Antioxidants have proven to slow down inflammation which leads to a reduced risk of chronic diseases.
3. Prevention of high blood pressure. Good potassium intake helps maintain healthy blood pressure. Butternut Squash soup is a good source of fiber and potassium.
4. Healthy hair and skin. Since Butternut Squash Soup is loaded with vitamin A, this can help enhance your skin and hair. Vitamin A helps to boost sebum production, which helps keep hair moisturized. It is also loaded with vitamin C. which helps to build collagen and gives structure to skin and hair.
Delicious Butternut Squash SoupCourse: SoupsCuisine: Plant-BasedDifficulty: Easy
3/4 Butternut Squash
4 medium Carrots
1/2 Red onion (diced finely)
4 cups Veggetable Broth
Pinch of Salt and Pepper to taste
- Peel and remove the seeds from the butternut squash
- Peel the carrots and red onion and then chop to small chunks
- In a large sauce pan heat a tbsp of water, with onions carrots and squash.
- Sweat the vegetables over a medium heat with the the lid on for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally
- In a second pot, bring the vegetable broth to a low boil.
- Add the stock to the pan and bring to a boil for 10 minutes
- Remove from heat and using a hand held blender, blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl.
Amazon Associates Links
Thank you for considering shopping our associates links. Every little bit helps us continue to bring you more awesome recipes.
- Racheal Ray Nonstick Sauce Pan/Saucepan with straining lid.
- Oster Hand Blender with Accessories, Stainless Steel
Tells us what you think…
Give this recipe a try. I am positive you will not be disappointed. Leave your comments below and let me know how you like it. Don’t miss out on our other Soup Recipes.