Mixed Greens and Dried Cranberry salad…
This is one of our favorite side dishes from lunches and dinners in our house. There is nothing nicer than a mixed green and dried cranberry salad, it is tasty and simple really to make. We put so many different ingredients into this salad, but we normally use mixed greens and there have to be dried cranberries in there so where, and pecans if we have them.
Mixed greens health benefits…
Leafy vegetables are a good choice for a healthy diet. There is cholesterol as well it’s naturally low in calories and sodium. Leafy greens are also high in fiber, which is beneficial for many reasons such as gastrointestinal and cardiovascular health. Some of the most nutritious greens are spinach, kale, romaine, watercress, and arugula
5 top reasons to eat a salad daily…
As we head into the nicer weather, there will be more fresh produce on the shelves, and its a perfect time to start finding your favorite salad recipe…here are some reasons for eating salads;
- A Natural Source Of Fiber
- Nutritional Benefits Of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
- Aid Our Intake of Healthy Fats
- Building Strong Bones
- Improving Muscle Performance
- Protection to you Heart
- Improving Your Skin Tone
All New Salad Dressing…
We have included a new Salad dressing for your salad. We love corn so much we thought this would be a nice new addition to a fan favorite salad. I use balsamic vinegar in many of my dressing, this is nice for a change.
Delicious Mixed Greens and Dried Cranberry SaladCourse: Salads and SidesDifficulty: Easy
- Mixed Greens Salad
5 Cups Mixed Greens
10 Cherry Tomatoes
1/2 English Cucumber
1/2 Bell Pepper
1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
1/8 cup of Pecans
Pinch or two Thai-Style Red Chili (to taste)
- Salad Dressing – Creamy Corn Dressing with Dill and Chives
1 – 10 oz pkg Frozen Corn
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp finely chopped dill
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp black salt
freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Mixed Green Salad
- Rinse all of the vegetables thoroughly
- Cube Bell Pepper, cucumber, cherry tomatoes
- Mixed together, and add the Dried Cranberries, and Pecans
- Spice to taste and add dressing
- Creamy Corn Dressing with Dill and Chive
- 1/2 cup of water combined with corn in a blender.
- Cover and blend until smooth
- Stir in the 6 next ingredients until at Pepper, then add to taste.
- Cover and chill until you are ready to use. Keeps good for 5 days.
IF YOU ARE USING PINTEREST, FEEL FREE TO PIN THIS PHOTO
Thank you for stopping by…
There are so many options you can add to your salad to ensure you never get bored, whether its a new dressing, different kind of nuts, or dried fruit. Salad is such a healthy choice to add to your meals. Give this recipe a try and let use know what you think, what you like, what you do not like.
Be sure to check our other recipes out. I look forward hearing back from you!